Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Wallpaper

Whew! It has been a busy month since I last posted. I spent a lot of time working on a slide show for my son's wedding to his new bride. The show had 400 plus photos and was about 15 minutes long. I used a new program and it was just very time consuming. In fact, I finished it up about 2:00 a.m. on the day of the wedding/reception.

Of course, my wife and I also traveled to Ontario for the wedding and included a visit with my brother and his family in Oshawa before moving on to Peterborough for the wedding festivities.

I grabbed this picture just after we got off the commuter train in Oshawa. 12 of us had travelled to Toronto for a Blue Jays game as part of a stag party for my son. I thought it would make a good August wallpaper.

1/1000 at f5.6, ISO 100, 72 mm focal length, processed in Topaz Adjust for the HDR look.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 400 photos? Your son is lucky to have you go through the pictures and pull out the good ones. I took about a thousand of my daughter's wedding last weekend, and I am completely overwhelmed. I think I am just going to give her the whole set and let her choose her favorites. Luckily, we also found a great professional guy from http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/photographers.html who gave her a much more nicely-presented set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was time consuming. These were pictures sent to me by others and it was almost overwhelming. On top of that, I took a ton of pictures of the events of the week plus a bunch on the wedding day too. And, I shoot in RAW. Thank goodness for some of the shortcuts possible in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete