Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Photoshop Photography Program

This is good news from Adobe out of Photoshop World in Vegas today: the Photoshop Photography Program. $10 monthly for the latest Photoshop, Lightroom, Behance Membership (whatever that is) and 20 gb of cloud storage.

I'm already thinking this is the route I will now take. I have been trialing Lightroom 5 since it will handle the RAW files from the Fuji X100s. I never upgraded from CS5 to CS6 and I wasn't planning on going the "cloud" route with them because, as an amateur, I couldn't justify the potential monthly cost down the road. But, a quick calculation of what I've spent since 2007 when I bought CS3 and then upgraded to CS4 and CS5 shows that I've spent more than $10/month on the initial purchase and the upgrades and that is with the 15% NAPP discount. I was anticipating never having any later version of Photoshop than CS5 but $10 monthly gets me that plus Lightroom and I was going to shell out $130 for Lightroom alone. That's 13 months right there on Lightroom alone.

Do I like Adobe's move to cloud subscription? Not really, but, if the deal is good enough.....and this seems like it is, so bring it home. Pretty sure it will be available at that rate in Canada since I've always purchased direct from Adobe. If it isn't, I'll be disappointed but I will go back to my other plan of Lightroom alone and my "outdated" CS5.

No comments:

Post a Comment