Saturday, August 25, 2007

A First For Me

I'll be leaving in a few minutes to attend a wedding of a friend. They weren't going to have a photographer so, since I'm exploring this as a possible sideline, I offered to shoot their wedding in exchange for the experience and to start building a portfolio.

The only real thing I'm nervous about is making sure I get all the "standard" shots and hoping the rain holds off. Of course, I want to do my best to take it to a level beyond just a guy and a camera. This involves being more aware of lighting and angles and shot composure than the average shooter. So, we'll see.

Above all, it is a learning experience. I know the couple will get some higher quality pictures because the DSLR just takes better pictures than the average point and shoot. Plus, shooting in RAW I can go into the pictures and set the correct white balance and other things that can help make up for any minor mistakes in the field.

If I need to use flash, I have my shoot through umbrella ready to go off-camera aided by my lovely assistant who also happens to be my wife and very supportive of my attempts (although she's still making me pay personally for all my equipment).

Check back later. I'll try and post a couple of the better images.

No comments:

Post a Comment