Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Processing Pictures

Whew! It is a far greater task than I anticipated to go through photos and sort them, convert from RAW and I still have cropping to do and some minor photo retouching to do. My eyes are aching, but it is a vast learning experience. I now begin to understand the importance of work flow. Mine currently needs a lot of refining.

I still intend to get some pictures up, but most of my time has been spent working on the pictures.

One thing I am beginning to understand: I either need to get a far speedier workflow or teach my wife how to do it. It would be next to impossible to shoot a wedding every week, still work at my mill job and try and stay on top of getting pictures ready. Not possible. Of course, I currently have no other weddings planned, but I have offered to do a church directory for my church so that will be the next project.

Someday, I hope to make some money at this, at least enough to support my photo habit.

I've put up a couple of links in the sidebar to two excellent sites. Have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment