Sunday, April 12, 2009

Coast Guard Hovercraft

On July 28, 2007, while returning from camping in the Okanagan, the ferry we got on ended up being delayed a number of hours due to a bomb threat that ultimately turned out to be fake.

We were stuck on the ferry for several hours before, fortunately, we left and headed to Vancouver Island where we finally got home late that night.

I took a great many shots during that time and this is one of them. A Coast Guard boat came by and I took a couple of shots. The ferry in the foreground was another ferry delayed. The people there were offloaded before the bomb squad dogs searched the boat. They didn't offload us but they did bring the dogs on board. It was a very interesting several hours. The crew conducted themselves very well and there was no panic by passengers although a few were antsy. I usually don't believe these threats and so I just tried to enjoy the hours, although it was a bit frustrating.

Specs: f8, 1/500 sec, 17-85 lens at 85mm (I didn't have my 70-200 yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment