Friday, April 3, 2009

Horseshoe Bay, B.C.

Today marks 10 consecutive days of publishing photos in this new attempt at being more consistent. I am helped by being able to schedule these so I can do several in a row. Since I work shift work there I sometimes have more time to work at this than I do at others so it is a big help to just set them up.

As I mentioned in the first post of this new restart, we had a bit of a ferry wait in Horseshoe Bay, B.C. and I took a few pictures. This is a shot looking towards the park with a couple of walkways down to the marina in front. The blue building to the left is a lovely little coffee shop that makes a bold coffee comparable to Starbucks. (If you like Starbucks, which I do, a lot.) Unfortunately, it is closed during the winter months. A Starbucks has recently opened up across the road and, despite my love for Starbucks coffee, I sincerely hope it has no impact on this coffee shop. It will still be my preference when I want a coffee.

The other thing about this picture is that it is, like most of my pictures these day, processed with the Topaz Labs Adjust Filter. They recently released an upgrade and one feature is a button called "I'm feeling very lucky!" that randomizes all the sliders every time you push it. This look is one it came up with so I saved it and called it Lucky Dark Paint because it looks a bit like a painting to me.

The photo itself is shot at f8, 1/50 sec, ISO 400 with the lens at 89 mm. The lens I use most of the time (because it is the best lens I own and I love it) is a Canon 70-200 f4 L.

No comments:

Post a Comment